E Week Yatra Stories
Action on Overdrive
Jyoti Nivas College Auditorium, Bangalore
Feb 13, 6.30 pm
I am plagiarizing MeritTrac Founder Madan Padaki’s line when I say this about the E Week closing ceremony, but there is no better way to describe it: It WAS the ‘Kumbh Mela’ of entrepreneurship. Over 1,200 students, faculty, entrepreneurs and other members of the NEN community packed the Jyoti Nivas Auditorium on Saturday night, and created a bang that will be counted as one of the loudest in India’s entrepreneurship world.
The closing ceremony came with dance, drama and non-stop action. Vibes, a Bangalore-based dance troupe, kept the beat going with peppy Hollywood and Bollywood numbers. Chief guests at the ceremony – Prof S Sadagopan, Founder-Director, International Institute of Information Technology - Bangalore; Madan Padaki, Co-Founder and CEO of MeritTrac and H K Mittal, Advisor and Head, National Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India – made for inspiring company as they shared their thoughts and experiences with entrepreneurship.
Excitement reached a feverish pitch when the E Week India champions and runners-up were announced. The loud woohoo’s from the cheering crowds threatened to bring the auditorium’s roof down when the proud winners headed to the stage to receive their awards. I am telling you, it was a riot!
The evening ended with a lot of crazy dance steps, as the DJ took over to make everyone dance their way to E Week 2011.
It was Mr Mittal who had the last word: “I have promoted entrepreneurship and innovation in the country for 25 years. But I have never seen entrepreneurship promoted this way, ever.”
One more woo-hoo for that!
The Champions of E Week India 2010 are:
- Bengal College of Engineering and Technology, Durgapur
- Heritage Institute Of Technology, Kolkata
- IPS Academy, Indore
- Institute of Engineering & Management, Kolkata
- Mount Carmel College, Bangalore
- Padmashree Dr. D.Y. Patil University, Department of Business Management, Mumbai
- Sri Bhagwan Mahaveer Jain College, Bangalore
The Runners-Up Champions this E Week are:
- Dr. B.C.Roy Engineering College, Durgapur
- Eastern Institute for Integrated Learning in Management, Kolkata
- Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida
- Jyothi Nivas College Bangalore
- National Institute of Engineering, Mysore
- NSHM Knowledge Campus, Kolkata
- SSN College of Engineering, Chennai
- Swami Keshvanand Institute of Technology, Management and Gramothan, Jaipur
- VLB Janakiammal College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore
Institutes that found mention in the Honor Roll for their extraordinary participation in E Week are:
- Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences, Bangalore
- Bengal Engineering & Science University, Kolkata
- Bishop Cotton College for Women, Bangalore
- Eastern Institute of Management, Kolkata
- Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai
- International School of Businees & Media, Kolkata
- International School of Business & Research, Bangalore
- Loyola College, Chennai
- PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
- St. Peter's Engineering College, Chennai
- SMK Fomra Institute of Technology, Chennai
- Sir M. Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Velammal Engineering College, Chennai
The Nilima Rovshen Creativity and Innovation Award went to National Institute of Engineering, Mysore for implementing rural technologies including eco-friendly chulhas and biogas plants in villages around Mysore.
The Best Public Awareness Campaign Award went to Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata, for increasing awareness and making over two lakh people take the E Week pledge at the Kolkata Book Fair this E Week.